Programs for kids of all ages!
To help kids discover Jesus and become his followers.
- Partnering with Parents: We believe that parents are ultimately responsible for the spiritual development of their children (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). We want to support parents and work with them to maximize the spiritual influence they will have in their childrenís lives.
- Age-appropriate Message: We want to communicate the Gospel well, in fun and engaging ways that capture the imaginations and hearts of the children with truth that is both relatable and applicable. We want kids to own their faith; to discover that Jesus loves them individually and wants to be their friend!
- Valuing Children: We strongly believe that kids are not just the future of the church, they are just as much a part of it today as everyone else! The Church should be a safe place for all generations to interact on a spiritual level, and we take seriously the responsibility of providing that safe place. In the fall of 2012, we implemented a Plan to Protect® program, which is designed to better screen and train our volunteers so that our kids are as safe as they can be.
- Elevating Community: Our goal is to connect everyone to a caring leader and a consistent group of peers.
- Bigger Picture Living: We want to create opportunities for children and families to live out their faith. We want to see children encountering Jesus and truth and doing something about it. Not only does this influence their own hearts and lives, but it should create a ripple effect in their relationships, families, schools, in Charlie Lake and the world.
Looking For a Place to Call Home
Hello! We are so excited that your child is a part of CLCC Kids. We hope this information will give you an inside peek at what we do, so that both you and your child will feel comfortable and welcome at CLCC.
Our nursery is located just to the left when you first walk into the foyer at CLCC, and is available for the duration of the church service on Sunday mornings. Two trained nursery workers will sign your child in, and engage them with age-appropriate toys, snacks, and games.
There is also an inner room past the nursery for nursing mothers or napping children. There are two cribs, a change table, and comfortable seating for mothers with infants.
The older nursery is located downstairs and is available for the entire service. Activities are slightly more structured than in the infant nursery, with toys appropriate for the age group.
Discovery Time Ages 4-12
Children aged 4-12 will be dismissed from the service right after Children’s Feature to come to Discovery Time. We begin with a worship time just for the kids, and then split into classes divided as follows: 4-5, 6-9, and 10-12. Discovery Time teachers will share the Bible story for the day, and illustrate it using activities, games, and crafts. Children will be given a take-home page or card, to encourage family discussion and scripture memory.
Adult Sunday School
Adult Sunday School takes place in the basement every Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. All are welcome to come and enjoy solid Biblical teaching by committed teachers. Child care is available in the nursery, and youth from grades 7-12 may choose to participate in our adult Sunday School class, or to help with the before-church childcare.
What are we learning >>>
This year, we started a brand-new program called Explore the Bible: Kids. Explore the Bible: Kids is a brand-new, book-by-book study for kids that takes our children on a journey into Scripture where they’ll see the Bible in a way that will want them to dig deep — building a foundation for life transformation! All of the classes study the same Bible point each week at an age-appropriate level. It is our hope that this will encourage families to discuss and learn together, encouraging faith development beyond Sunday mornings!
We are a Plan To Protect® church. As we have been entrusted with the safekeeping of our children, we have identified their protection as one of our key priorities. We are in process and currently comply with: documented policies, screened personnel, trained volunteers and staff, modified facilities, maintained student to teacher ratios, monitored classrooms and hallways, a commitment to integrity zero tolerance for abuse, open communication with parents/caregivers, and mandatory incident and abuse reports. Our plan has been developed in part with Plan to Protect®, a protection plan for children, youth and those that work with them. If you would like to see our plan, please contact our office.
What’s Happening for Mom & Dad?
CLCC runs several bible studies throughout the week as well. Whether you are interested in getting plugged in to a Men’s or Ladies’ study or an evening bible study in someone’s home, we’d love to see you! Just call the church office or check the weekly bulletin on Sunday to find out what’s going on and how you can get involved. And if you’re also looking for a way to learn on your own, you’re welcome to check out our church library in the fireplace room.
Let us Introduce Ourselves!
We are a rural church located just off the Alaska Highway overlooking Charlie Lake, BC. We are a Baptist church, affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
We are here to worship and celebrate the glory of God and to enter a relationship with God and Jesus Christ, whom God has given to us to show us the way the truth and life, both now and forevermore. Our goal is to help you discover and grow in this relationship through teaching, building relationships, caring for one another, and discovering your spiritual gifts. This way we all may be equipped to spread the good news of Jesus Christ and God’s love in our community and around the world.
If you have any questions about any of our programs here at CLCC, please feel free to get in touch with Pastor Jared or one of our Christian Education Team members (Corinna Toews, Andrew Spruyt, Kristy Erickson, or Natalie Braun) by contacting the church office.
“Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from Him.”
Download the CLCC Kids Program Brochure (PDF)
If you know of someone who doesn’t have a Bible and would like to have one, please help yourself to any of the Bibles available at the table beside the Fireside Room.